City of Amnesia
September 20, 2017, 03:10:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Randolf's Weak-Kneed "The Big O III"  (Read 2492 times)
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« on: July 29, 2010, 01:39:20 AM »

I found this in my writing folder [see attachment]. It's a sizable chunk of what would have been Act 27 of Big O Season 3. I'm really not terribly proud of this first part -- I know I'm going to get flayed by the next Roger/Dorothy maniac I encounter -- but there's more to it and some of that I'd call quite good.

I liked writing this because I totally know exactly what went down 40 years ago.

If enough people post with comments and/or sarcastic slush, I might post up the rest of it. If they like it enough, I might even finish writing it all out. Probably it wouldn't take too long, even in my messy schedule.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 04:16:41 PM »

Not a bad start. Needs a little grammar checking, but it isn't bad.

And why would I flay you? Yes, Roger and Dorothy make a cute couple, but most fan people realize you can't place them together right off the bat.

Shall I grant your wish?
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »

...but most fan people realize you can't place them together right off the bat.

Not on my experience.

Some further remarks: my grammar is a bit strange, not so much because I don't know the correct sentence structure (although that happens), but because I just like using oddly-worded sentences for some reason. As for spelling and punctuation, I do my best to be exact, but I've become rather dependent on spellcheckers for some reason.

There's a wide gap between that first part and the latter part of that act. Once I fill it in (maybe tonight) I'll post the full version of 27 and maybe present some of 28 (which will almost certainly get me killed in the face by Roger fans).
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 06:54:06 PM »

Why? Do you stab Roger or something?

Shall I grant your wish?
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:59:21 PM »

Why? Do you stab Roger or something?

Uh... not really. Well, not yet, anyway.

Not to imply that I will, or anything.

I'm presently mashing away at the complete Act 27. I'm practically asleep on my feet after a long day's work and only five hours of sleep, but I'm still coherent enough to work for a few more minutes. Tomorrow evening I'll have plenty of time. I expect to have even more done over the weekend (between watching YGO5D's and working on my furry vampire project for BlenderArtists).

I think the Jason Beck fans will come after me too.
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 01:04:20 AM »

I have to go to bed in a few minutes so I can be up for work tomorrow, so this'll be brief.

I'm still pecking away at this, but with little gusto. Mostly because I'd rather just communicate my Big O 3 theory than tell a well-written story. But I will do my best to create some kind of narrative, however sparse, to make it interesting to read. Act 27's almost ready -- just need a mecha fight -- and it'll be ready.

Plus, I'm preoccupied with my other projects, mainly 3D graphics.

And I'm a bit depressed because the cable internet I'm paying a hundred bucks a month for stubbornly cuts off at inopportune times during the day, and typically for ten to fifteen minutes at a time.

That, and I have no idea where this bloody story is going. But believe me, when you finally hear what happened 40 years ago, you will scream in shock and disbelief.

I'm going to bed now.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 11:58:55 AM »

you will scream in shock and disbelief.

I'm going to bed now.

I doubt that. You should hear my event theory. I think I'll post it later, but it'll make your head hurt.

Shall I grant your wish?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: