City of Amnesia
November 24, 2017, 02:33:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doomed Megalopolis - Teito Monogatari  (Read 4051 times)
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« on: July 31, 2010, 02:50:45 AM »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=304

Has any other human being besides me seen this thing? I rented it once and got so freaked by the crazy cover and all the "mature content" warnings I was afraid to even watch the damn thing. But eventually, I screwed up my courage, waited for everyone else to go to bed, and gave it a shot.

I never regretted it.

It's kinda grim, bloody violent and with enough creepy sexual themes to gratify even the hardiest self-disciplined fanboy. There are more pentacles than in every Doom game put together.

Look me in the eye and tell me Yasunori Kato is not 100% awesome.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:09:37 AM by Randolf » Logged
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 05:12:22 AM »

Doomed megalopolis was one of the first things I saw when I first started watching Anime, it's a good, over the top show. Plus the dub has Cam Clarke.

The cover art is indeed awesome as well.

Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 05:59:29 AM »

Frankly, if I had seen this monster when I first started watching anime (I was something like four or five) I'd have shat from my nostrils and been Nihongophobic for at least nine to twelve months.

Of course, that's not a problem now.

Although, the whole "imma gona reck de moon nto teh ert" at the end was a bit strange. Kinda Outer Limits-like for a 1920s Japanese sorcerer. But original.

Wizard + Military Uniform = PWNage.

Saying PWN is fun.

Anybody else?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 12:12:11 AM »

Wizard + Military Uniform = PWNage.

Thank you. Just a few days ago, I was thinking to myself, "What was the name of that anime, with the M.Bison-like guy zooming around and being a badass villain?" Now I remember. Great timing! *thumbs up*

The other clip I remember from this was a worm crawling out of a woman's mouth. And the worm was eventually about equal to her in size. Fuckin awesome.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: