City of Amnesia
May 01, 2024, 05:54:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: how we can really get a season 3.  (Read 14277 times)
Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 06:31:21 PM »

If they can't make a whole 'season' of Big O, why don't they at least try to make an OVA of it.

paul1290

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 06:36:51 PM »

Sunrise does want to continue Big-O. The real problem is the money, which during the second season came from Adult Swim.

Big-O did very well for an anime. It's just that Adult Swim was simply no longer willing to pay for it. With other anime Adult Swim only has to pay for the rights to show them. For the second season of Big-O, Adult Swim had to cover the entire production cost.

I think the best option is to simply find someone else who would be interested in paying for a good anime. Anime Network might be a good candidate because they would be willing to pay more for an anime series than Adult Swim would. Another possibility would be Sci Fi because they've recently begun to show anime and might be interested in adding another show like Big-O to their schedule.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 09:59:59 PM »

Quote from: 17

Does that mean depression is next?

I think you've combined the various stages into some mind-bending cocktail
The Ghost Of Ember
In ur maze, killin' ur pac-man

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 12:48:45 AM »

Quote from: 75
Hitoshi Ariga is the Big-O manga artist.  I don't think he's done much anything besides that and Megaman.  He didn't do the Cowboy Bebop manga, though.  
Source S.D.?

An any case, meh. I didn't really like the Manga all that much anyways; it had a couple good moments. That said, I would settle for a manga 'third season,' if even a OVA is too cost-prohibitive, much less an entire season.

Quote from: 36
I think you've combined the various stages into some mind-bending cocktail
Does this make me special, or crazy? Or both?

The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 08:28:28 AM »

Quote from: 36
So its moved from anger to bargaining then? Thats progress
Negotiating, my friend, negotiating... If they really had material for a 3rd season, I would like to see it produced. Otherwise, it's like unreleased CD tracks or movie footage.

Quote from: 45
3. and the most likely to succeed. we get the main voice actress her self to talk to cn. thats right people lee sergant. there are to magizine quotes about how much she loved the show.
we most likely succeed with this because lee sergant has worked on a stagering 150 something animes and she like big o the best.
apperantly she has a large fan service and anwsers most of her own fan mail so it might be easier to get in touch with her than cn.
Hey, with "R Dorothy" on our side, it might work. After all, you wouldn't want to upset her. Just kidding...  Smiley I agree, though, that those with more pull in the anime industry could more successfully pitch a Big O 3rd season. Lia Sargent is one such person, and what's more, she has a personal connection to the show, having voiced one of the main characters. The fact that she answers fanmail is another plus.

Propositions #1 and #2 also sounded promising. I've already voiced my approval of the show to Bandai Entertainment through their website. A petition would be a good stategy, but it would need some security features. The last Big O petition I saw got corrupted by spam, and those false contacts appeared to reduce it's effect, at least in my eyes.

Quote from: 24
Also, who says it has to be on CN or [as].  What about the Anime Network ... not that I get that channel but could that even be a possibility?[/b][/color][/size][/font]
I don't get that channel either, but I'd say give it a shot. It would probably eventually end up on DVD's as well.

A final thought: Season 1 came out in 1999. Season 2 came out in 2003, four years later. It's now 2007, four years after Season 2... It's about time, hmm?

.The Final Negotiator.
shadowdorothy

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 09:08:57 PM »

yea. if i remeber right (and i probably don't) didn't the second season come out in november? maybe season 3 will to.

Gummi

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 05:19:23 PM »

Or maybe a full length movie would be nice. I know that Big O has a very faithful fanbase.  People diffenately love this show! I think that the fans deserve some kind of appreciation. Even if they can't find a way to produce a full third season, a movie could be a nice compromise. I know that you wouldn't be able to please everyone but most of the fans would love to see a film & if they release it straight to DVD they could make a nice profit as well.
S.D.

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 08:39:17 PM »

Asking Sunrise directly won't do any good. For starters, there is a language gap that would greatly inhibit our already ineffective movement. So that pretty much disqualifies the idea right there. But putting that aside, Sunrise is subordinate to Bandai, and Bandai is uninterested in a third season just as they were uninterested in a second season. The second season only happened because Adult Swim was young, enthusiastic, and stupid and thought the Big O would make them uber-popular. If Adult Swim had been wiser on the situation, the second season would have never happened; the Big O would have ended with that agonizing cliff-hanger.

Anyway, if anyone really wants a second season, think principles of warfare. Three approaches, either working together or alone, would suffice:

Lower Goals Approach: Someone said that we should ask for a movie rather than a third season. This is a very wise person, because not only should we do this, but we pretty much have to. I don't think we should stop at a movie, however: let's just ask for a five-episode OVA. The whole movement MUST be reconfigured to adopt this mindset. The third season became largely unobtainable when fans were slow on the ball in the first year or two following season two. If they had done the other two approaches I'm listing below, they may have been able to get 13 more epsidodes. Now, let us satisfy for 5 . . . 5 really good-quality OVA episodes. And, if they are generous and decide to get a third season instead (or if they have to, because of the contract) then so be it.

The Hurt Adult Swim Economically Approach: Basically, sign a petition saying you will never watch Adult Swim or Cartoon Network ever again until they give us more Big O episodes. First of all, the opening statement of the petition will state this is very strong terms; then those who sign it must give at least a paragraph in their own words why they won't watch Adult Swim/Cartoon Network and how they will try to convince all their friends not too. Then, actually DON'T watch Adult Swim . . . should be easy, because there are a ton of other channels and most of the shows on there are Robot Chicken and similar crap. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT APPROACH and the FAILURE of the movement do adopt it earlier has cost us some of our greatest advantages. Even so . . . if we go all out, then we have a shot.

Tough Love Approach: Instead of adopting the indulgent, easy going, communual, familial, friendly, and 'let all work be voluntary' approach to obtaining more Big O, the leaders of the movement must be rigorous in upbraiding, then, if the negative behavior doesn't change, kicking out and humilating every member who doesn't contribute; they are coercive influence. Although it has been perceived that treating people in such a way would hurt the movement, this is mostly illusionary; those people weren't contributors to begin with and are thus no loss. They hurt the movement more than they helped it. So, if we lose too many people, then that means it was never in the cards to begin with, as they were never contributing, so the tough love approach can't be blamed. The tough love approach is much more successful, as it appeals to mankind's natural competiveness and urge to thrive in a group for fear of worse.

... but of course, this is all very theoretical.

All praise the WILL TO JOY! Existence is the WILL TO JOY . . . and nothing else! Whether it is the impulse toward life or the impulse toward death, or if one is happy or miserable . . . it makes no difference! It is the WILL TO JOY all the same.
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 08:58:45 PM »

Hello,

Sorry to revive this long-dead thread, especially considering the nasty turn it took from the "Neo Dominus Movement", but I didn't know where to put this news.

First, let me say that, except in situations of obvious kidding around, I've always been square with the facts I've told everyone here - from my exploits, to my successes, to my failures.

That being said I'll keep this short. I went to a toy/collectibles show today, and found no bargains, but the show gave out free collectible cards to us, and we went to the store with the bargains after a short lunch break. The coupon got me a free Picard figure (First Contact), and that was cool, but what was also cool was the Big O collection a friend spotted for me (Dorothy/Norman, Dorothy-1, Big O, The Griffon). $6.00... Ok, sounds good. However, what the cashier said was even better. She sees it and says (I'm paraphasing) "Oh, The Big O... They're going to make a third season of that."

I almost got excited, but wondered if she meant past 3rd season efforts, so I said something like I had heard about plans for a 3rd season that were still on hold. Her reply surprised me - she said she has contacts in Japan that can confirm a 3rd season is being created. I doubt she would make stuff like this up, especially for a cartoon in limbo like The Big O... So, what do you think?

...as for the toy show - well at least I got Kenny Baker's autograph (R2-D2).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:04:02 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Big Money
Supergreen

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 09:16:54 PM »

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 09:19:22 PM by Vile » Logged

What's wrong with you? What you screamin' for?
BZZZZ!
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »

she said she has contacts in Japan that can confirm a 3rd season is being created.

When a cashier at a toy store/department store/whatever store, says a 3rd season is being made, I'd take that with a grain of salt. Sorta neat hearing a cashier mention Big O.

Hobo
The Pan

Peter Banning

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »

As awesome as that'd be, I'm going to agree with Gaddes that it's hardly proof.

Have to fight.
Have to fly.

Have to crow.
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 12:46:37 PM »

When a cashier at a toy store/department store/whatever store, says a 3rd season is being made, I'd take that with a grain of salt. Sorta neat hearing a cashier mention Big O.

As awesome as that'd be, I'm going to agree with Gaddes that it's hardly proof.

I really want to take it with a grain of salt, but there's just some things that keep nagging me:
  • 1) How did she know about The Big O? - Let's face it, mass-marketing behind The Big O went nowhere, even when Cartoon Network took it over. (The best-selling items are probably the "Anime Legends" DVD's, and, from the opinions I've heard, even those aren't huge sellers.) So the only people that know about it are the creators, and people curious about it (like us).
  • 2) What did she have to gain by telling me that? - In this well-stocked store, there was one Big O toy set left (Box Set A), and I seriously doubt there were more in the stock room. She saw me looking at a Mach 5, and didn't mention anything about Speed Racer, even though the store had tons of items for that show. Also, she stated this as I was buying the item, so it wasn't like she said this to make the sale.

I'm not saying break out your double-breasted suit, this is a major alert, but on a scale of 1 to 10, 5 being average, it's a 7, and this is from one serious skeptic.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:11:20 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 01:36:20 PM »

Ooh, cool. Same time next week, could you maybe show up that store again, and ask her to show you proof? Unless you'd feel weird or something. But it'd make sense to ask if you explained that you told a bunch of friends about the claim, and now they're all curious.

Still, if this somehow were true, it'd be odd for there to be no official news about it.

6moondance
Project Members

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 10:25:51 PM »

I want to believe too, but.... sigh :'(
Tho    It may be possible, not probable mind you, but possible that someone out there is considering making a third season of Big O 

It would be interesting to ask this person if she knows who or what organization is  backing a third season of Big O.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 10:31:23 PM by 6moondance » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: