City of Amnesia
April 16, 2024, 03:43:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The last topic of 2014 - and it's going to be on robots  (Read 1699 times)
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« on: December 28, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »

I finally saw  a cheap wind-up robot this Fall, then I gave it to a sick friend, and had to go buy another. I bought a "Lazerbot" (i.e. a cheap Gundam Mobile Suit) at a dollar store a few weeks ago - and another for another friend. I've bought several Transformers figures since joining - and I've owned several before joining. I created custom "figures", Rack 'N' Ruin (siamese-twin robots), in early Fall. A couple/few weeks ago, I was perusing anime on Youtube, and went back to watch/decipher some of the early Big-O episodes. I also watched one The Big O "abridged" series - not a great series, but OK. I recently went back to watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Then I thought about this board, and our great conversations. And then a great last topic for 2014 just hit me... For The Big O Fans that love the robot/(big robot) aspect - what got really got you interested in robot series/anime/cartoons/movies/etc.?

For me, I think it was Star Wars. Granted, I used to watch Lost in Space before I ever saw Star Wars, but there was something about R2-D2 and C-3PO that just fascinated me. However, as far as "Big Robot/Monster" series go, it would be Ultraman. Some scenes from The Big O remind me of Ultraman.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:17:09 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: