City of Amnesia
March 29, 2024, 12:15:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Higurashi  (Read 10907 times)
seraphjei
Bravo!

« on: August 02, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »

I Highly, highly, highly recommend Higurashi to anyone who watches anime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni

I'm usually not one who enjoys the horror anime genre, but Higurashi has a different spin and it's just too interesting to pass up. The whole killer loli concept seriously doesn't get old. If I could summarize the anime in one sentence it would be...
"Cute girls end up going insane and start killing people."

I suggest you guys check it out at the very least, it's being fansubbed at the moment. One season is complete, and the second season is sill running.

It's somewhat in the same league as Elfen Lied, so if you enjoyed that show, You'll probably enjoy Higurashi.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:06:52 PM »

I agree, when i can i'll be watching the second season that has more of the answer arcs in it than the first.

Mion/Shion

Rena:

Rika:

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 01:28:34 AM »

I've looked everywhere. Can't find it. Oh, well. scratch one show off the list. I tried.
War.

This hand of mine is burning red! Its loud roar tells me to grasp victory!

Erupting... Burning... FINGER!!
seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 01:47:45 AM »

Quote from: 19
I've looked everywhere. Can't find it. Oh, well. scratch one show off the list. I tried.
War.

Try Veoh, they have everything.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 01:53:55 AM »

Veoh? Never heard of them. I even checked Fry's Electronics, and they have almost all the obscure anime stuff along with the mainstream crap.
War.

seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:21:42 AM »

Veoh is like youtube, without all the bullshit. Veoh mostly has fansubs, so its a good source for anime.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 03:26:47 AM »

Quote from: 47
Veoh is like youtube, without all the bullshit. Veoh mostly has fansubs, so its a good source for anime.

I love you. Thank you.
War.

Bllue
An animeted Fanpire

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 07:15:53 PM »

my friend loves veoh. my computer won't let me download anything because of parental controls... i'm not five, my brother is...

Ninomiya sucks at dancing, but everything else is perfect...... Cheesy
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 09:15:01 AM »

So I'm watching Higurashi... and the main cast dies, like, 4 or 5 times in different ways. What the f**k is going on here? Am I missing something? Is there point to all thi-- oh, Keiichi died again. Big surprise.
War.

Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:52:25 PM »

It consists of 'question' and 'answer arcs'. The question ones are usually where Keichi is in the middle of the plot trying to figure out what's going on, why it's going on, and killing some people himself sometimes in the process. the answer arcs are where the view point of the other main characer (usually one of the girls) shows there side of the story and why certain people suddely turned up dead and stuff like that. Not all of the question arcs are answered in the first season which is why one must watch the second season which has just started to come out (i think they're only up to episode 4)

seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:55:53 PM »

Quote from: 20
It consists of 'question' and 'answer arcs'. The question ones are usually where Keichi is in the middle of the plot trying to figure out what's going on, why it's going on, and killing some people himself sometimes in the process. the answer arcs are where the view point of the other main characer (usually one of the girls) shows there side of the story and why certain people suddely turned up dead and stuff like that. Not all of the question arcs are answered in the first season which is why one must watch the second season which has just started to come out (i think they're only up to episode 4)

its now on 5. And its only getting more awesome. I'm starting to finally tis in the differences between all the murders.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
Galatea
The Ultimate

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 10:57:22 PM »

I had trouble doing that, i had to watch the arcs somewhat simultaneously to understand the whole deal.

DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 11:01:32 PM »

Yeah, but the first three episodes have, like, NOTHING to do with the entire rest of the series.
War.

seraphjei
Bravo!

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 11:30:06 PM »

Quote from: 19
Yeah, but the first three episodes have, like, NOTHING to do with the entire rest of the series.
War.

This is true, but you'll later discover why people keep dieing and things keep reseting itself.

Endless June
It's a pretty big spoiler, but if you haven't finish the first season you won't get it. I'm just praying to god when everything connects it will be worth it, I almost gagged when Rena hypothesized that aliens are the cause of Oyashirio-sama's curse, which is still a possibility. I hope not.

Aeternum vale
My Girl
DOMON KASSHU!
The King of Hearts
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 11:33:58 PM »

Quote from: 47

This is true, but you'll later discover why people keep dieing and things keep reseting itself.

It's a pretty big spoiler, but if you haven't finish the first season you won't get it. I'm just praying to god when everything connects it will be worth it, I almost gagged when Rena hypothesized that aliens are the cause of Oyashirio-sama's curse, which is still a possibility. I hope not.

I saw the whole season. The first three episodes still have literally no connection to the rest of the series except for a flashback scene in the second to last episode. Seems sort of contrived really. Weakened the show in my eyes.
War.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: