City of Amnesia
March 29, 2024, 12:03:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn A Gundam licensed and others as well.  (Read 6125 times)
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« on: July 23, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-22/bandai-adds-tales-of-the-abyss-turn-a-gundam

You heard it here folks, Turn A Gundam is getting released over here.

I'm curious to see how they dub this. Fast and cheap (Ocean) or actually take their time (Animaze, Bangzoom, NYAV post).

Also Bandai WTF? When is Gundam X going to see the light of day over here?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:58:37 PM by Graham Aker » Logged

Wingnut

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 11:06:07 AM »

X always gets the shaft, even in Japan. Who gets left out of the GvG series when they make accommodations to get the likes of the RX-0 in early? Gundam X. Yeah. SRW and A.C.E. at least has the excuse of the story needing to somehow bring in the post-apocalyptic setting, which is understandable, but there's no excuse for leaving it out of the other games that have all the other Gundam shows.

But I'm getting off track. Even if X didn't get the shaft, Turn-A is an odd choice to try out over here. Very little info is out right now aside from the fact that the license has been acquired. So it's all speculation at this point.

The three most hated words in television: To Be Continued...
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 03:21:34 PM »

I would agree that Turn-A is an odd choice...however, they've started bringing it over already...check out Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. Turn A and Turn X are in that game and already english dubbed.

Now I know, you might be going, "It's a game, what difference does it make?" but they do try to get the right people for the game dubs. The only part of it that gets really screwy is the fact that in Zeta Gundam, Char was voiced by Steve Blum instead of...crap...oh, Tom Edwards, who I think did the voicing in DWG2.

Just something to notice.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 04:35:04 PM »

So Roger=Char voice actor wise?

Anyway, I just hope they bring over the 00 gundam movie. I like 00 gundam and the movie looks to be good.

Shall I grant your wish?
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 04:40:34 PM »

Michael Kopsa was Char in the new dub of the original TV, and CCA.
Tom Edwards was Char in Zeta.

I'll probably catch some shit for this, but I couldn't stand Steven Blum as Char then again, I find Steven Blum to be overrated as a whole honesty. *engages flame shield*

Turn A gunda is indeed an odd choice, but we'll see how well it does.

Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 04:42:13 PM »

When did they change the dub?

The stuff I have said Edwards was the original US Char, and Blum did Zeta for whatever reason.

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 07:52:47 PM »

When did they change the dub?

The stuff I have said Edwards was the original US Char, and Blum did Zeta for whatever reason.

lol I misspoke as well. The movie dub had Blum as Char, and bandai even did an L.A dub of CCA with Blum as Char way back in 99' I think, but just sat on it and never released it. Zeonic Front even got redubbed. I remember in the first trailers Blum did the narrator and was going to do Char as well, but then the Ocean cast replaced them at the behest of Sunrise. So, now that I think about it, Blum was good overall as Char. 

It's easy to get confused with all the Gundam dubs they did, hell I wouldn't be surprised if there we're a few more unreleased dubs. I think Blum would work as Char, but those damn movie dubs we're pretty bad, although, alot of that is the wonky as hell script with classics like "Zeon built an army of Robotron invaders". However to be fair the Ocean dubs where lackluster as a whole as well, save a few decent cast choices. 

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 03:27:35 AM »

All the mentions of "00 gundam" not being released here made me think of 08th ms team and I got confused

(I still have yet to watch that, and the set I was "lent" has been on my shelf for years)
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 10:25:10 PM »

08th MS Team is great, in fact, most of the UC Universe is great and AU, is hit or miss as whole. Hits being Gundam X and G Gundam, and misses being pretty much everything else. I was highly disappointed in Gundam 00 after about episode 15, then it just turns into Gundam SEED all over again.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »

I was highly disappointed in Gundam 00 after about episode 15, then it just turns into Gundam SEED all over again.
00 does a lot of unusual and sometimes odd things, but turn into Seed was never one that came to mind. How exactly do you figure that? (especially when it gets really good for the later third of S1)

The three most hated words in television: To Be Continued...
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »

I was highly disappointed in Gundam 00 after about episode 15, then it just turns into Gundam SEED all over again.
00 does a lot of unusual and sometimes odd things, but turn into Seed was never one that came to mind. How exactly do you figure that? (especially when it gets really good for the later third of S1)

Mecha wise I mean. Story wise it is different.

EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 03:22:24 PM »

I'm looking forward to Turn A in the States. I do hope they decide to dub this Gundam.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: