City of Amnesia
April 17, 2024, 08:36:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39
  Print  
Author Topic: The "What Was The Last Thing You Bought?" Thread  (Read 183853 times)
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #540 on: June 25, 2011, 04:01:52 PM »

I don't take the time to taste them.
Sushi. Well..I will be buying some...here in about two hours

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #541 on: June 30, 2011, 12:39:38 AM »

Sorry, I rarely mistype anything, let me fix that...

Quote from: The Final Negotiator

I needed *to* buy a new coffee maker...

Do you have a microwave.

If so you already have one, at a certain point...the caffeine has to get into your system (they've proven it is chemically addictive) and that thing can do it rapidly.

Microwave
Caffeine Pills. Mountain Dew. Also answers, less wait time.

I've saved/microwave-reheated leftover coffee in urgent situations. But mostly, I like my lock-and-load self-grind coffee makers. Makes my strong morning coffee, or half-caff for myself or guests (although I've been going back to full-octane lately). That's on top of the 1-2 additional teas that I drink at work/home/somewhere.

My usual restaurant weapon of choice is the flavored ice teas, but I'll buy a fountain Coke/Pepsi/Dew every now and again. No pills please. I'm no Jetson... Smiley I want my kick to have a little flavor. I once got caramel/truffle-flavored beans for my dad, when he gave up candy for Lent. Little did I know he wasn't a flavored-coffee fan. So, he gave it back to me, and I drank it. Yum yum, even if the flavoring is sticky (probably added syrup), and cleanup kinda sucks... Kona and Sumatra are good, too. I once went to Kona, during my honeymoon.

Books, because 1/2 priced books is fun. Also the first season of Inuyasha. Childhood was calling me.

Half-price books are awesome. I got great closeout games/music from them, too.

We went to the Pittsburgh Pirate-Boston Red Sox games on Friday (friend bought tickets) and Saturday (we found 2 reasonably-priced seats). Nice seeing the Pirates win for a change. Usually, that's not the case, but it's been a good year. Unfortunately, the Red Sox won on Sunday... Maybe if we had gone again...nah...that's too much money, especially with us getting dinner there both times.

I went on the next movie "field trip" Tuesday night (IHOP/Transformers: Dark of the Moon). Pot roast melt + broccoli cheddar soup + raspberry tea + big bots battling in IMAX 3D = good times... The cheaper 2D IMAX would have been OK...had it not sold out...  Angry I bought a couple "souvenirs", too (miniature Ironhide and Powerglide), and also got a free one from my sister/brother-in-law (a Burger King Optimus Prime head, with flip-out body, that speaks). Apparently my childhood was calling, too, and it sounded like Optimus Prime...  Grin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:13:04 AM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #542 on: July 09, 2011, 04:20:52 PM »

Because it's yard sale day in my town that means I got knives. A cane sword and a pocket knife. Cane sword was $10 and has full tang. and the pocket knife looks just like my old one that broke, red and black with a silver blade.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #543 on: July 09, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »

New mouse (Logitech m705). The buttons and scroll wheel on my old mouse were getting a bit unresponsive, so I figured it was time for an upgrade.

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #544 on: July 10, 2011, 03:46:44 PM »

That reminds me, I need to clean off the orb of my logitech mouse.

Hopefully my next purchase is a laptop. My old one can't keep up and there are some nice ones on sale right now. That and I'll need that laptop for school come fall.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #545 on: July 10, 2011, 06:56:11 PM »

That reminds me, I need to clean off the orb of my logitech mouse.

"Orb"? You mean a mouse ball? I remember having to clean those all the time, except for the ones they glued shut at school. I didn't realize people still used those...

I don't think I could go back to a laptop, I like my tower too much. But netbooks are so damn small.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #546 on: July 11, 2011, 04:00:52 PM »

The orb of my mouse is one of the logitech ones that you move the ball, not the whole mouse. And it has two side buttons.

Might get an itunes gift card to bu the freaking games and songs I want.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #547 on: July 12, 2011, 10:25:42 AM »

Oh, you mean a trackball? That's a little more understandable.

Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #548 on: July 12, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »

Yeah. And I got an ipod giftcard. So I'm getting a some games and music, gonna get Anberlin music.

Shall I grant your wish?
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #549 on: August 02, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »

So yeah yesterday I only had $5 and managed to do all of this;

Get 2 items of the dollar menu at McD's.
get a book ($.25), Issac Asimov Foundation book 5
and get a ps1 game from good will. It's called D and was supposed to be one of the scariest games back in the day.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #550 on: August 24, 2011, 11:14:10 AM »

Nice finds, Yuko! So I guess you now have your sword now? A while ago, I got a nice CASE pocket knife from their factory in Bradford, PA (chrome w/white handle). It's similar to the knife that my dad gave to me long ago, which has since been misplaced.

The orb of my mouse is one of the logitech ones that you move the ball, not the whole mouse. And it has two side buttons.

Might get an itunes gift card to bu the freaking games and songs I want.

I think Logitech had the one where you could replace the orb with a marble-patterned orb, or an 8-ball. I still have a Logitech ball mouse, because it has 4 buttons, and the new mice are too small for my hands. Very uncomfortable...

In mid-July, my wife got an airline discount, so we went to Busch Gardens in Tampa, FL (she also found a ticket discount there). Apparently, there's a Yeungling brewery across the street from the Hyatt Place Tampa/Busch Gardens, and a Pepsi bottler there, too. We went on the free Yeungling tour, and each got two free samples of beer.

Last Thursday, we went to our first Steelers game in Heinz Field (pre-season, but still fun). My wife got an awesome discount on 2 tickets. High up, but not "nose bleed", and a good view of the field.

Darn Hasbro, bled some money out of me again... What do you expect, though, when they release Ironhide and Powerglide in "desktop mascot" size?

I also needed propane for the grill. Grilled bacon is awesome...when it doesn't burst into flames...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:18:14 AM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #551 on: August 27, 2011, 11:37:49 PM »

gah. I have a life, it's just drowning in school work I swear.

Gots myself food, cause I needed it.
Also Shin Megami tensei DS:Overclocked. Voice acting is kinda ok. Atsuro and a few others do not sound right to me. He's Japanese and should kinda sound like a japanese teenage boy.

Shall I grant your wish?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #552 on: September 03, 2011, 04:33:01 PM »

drowning in school work I swear.

Yeah thats always fun (or opposite of fun, whatever)
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #553 on: September 11, 2011, 08:57:08 PM »

So yesterday was the county get together thing, so i got myself some knives.

3 knives, 1 letter opener and a dog collar to be exact. the collar was for my dog, who outgrew his old one.

Shall I grant your wish?
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #554 on: September 14, 2011, 12:50:33 AM »

People have been changing their names...one of which was Gaddes...the other...I haven't figured out yet...

Smirnoff Ice. I know, with all the booze I have, and I'm still buying Smirnoff Ice...

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39
  Print  

Jump to: