City of Amnesia
April 18, 2024, 11:40:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt  (Read 24383 times)
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

This machine has undergone numerous refinements.

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 08:17:48 AM »

HA... no. This is not a show about loli.

a stinger so Gainax
Dude. That's. SOOO Gainax.

It was. Also, it was visual artistry, made doubly glorious by this battle theme. As far as I'm concerned, that entire last episode was a gift from above.

I disagree with "beyond South Park." Maybe you can sway me with your truthiness, Vogler.

Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 02:13:20 PM »

Thankfully though it's better than Family Guy or American Dad

I think pretty much anything is better than Seth McDerplands "comedy".

I should also point out that Panty and Stockings fan base is militant about the show. So much so that ANY more of criticism the show get's they flip the fuck out. Not that there's any of that in this thread. Just making a general statement based upon encounters with other Panty and Stocking fans.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:18:52 PM by Graham Aker » Logged

Professor Vogler
Beautiful Night
Global Moderator

I have lived by this, and I will DIE by this!

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 02:54:21 PM »

I disagree with "beyond South Park." Maybe you can sway me with your truthiness, Vogler.
Think of it in the context that it's a Gainax non-hentai program being aired in Japan. They use English curses and obscenities written on screen and said in English to get around Japanese censorship laws (despite the audience knowing enough English to understand those words). Not to mention the content of the show... just... yeah, the content Shocked Definitely above and beyond the call compared to South Park here in a America.

Besides, with the exception of maybe the Imagination Trilogy or the fiasco that was the 200th + 201st episode, could you honestly watch an episode of South Park and then an episode (both halves) of PSG and come out equal "HSQ"?

RE: Graham - I'm not really finding militant fanboys/girls... extremely polarized maybe. You either hate the show or love it, there is no middle ground.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:56:35 PM by Professor Vogler » Logged

Beautiful Night...
TRIUMPH!!
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 10:27:08 PM »

Went to gogoanime.com...

Of Gainax, I've only seen a few episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion (out of curiosity), and about 1/4 of Gurren Lagann (because it's good). So I'm hardly a Gainax aficionado. Also, I've seen several Family Guy episodes (still liked Simpsons more), American Dad (weird, but a few rare chuckles), and South Park (only seen older ones and movie - but funny stuff).

Of Cartoon Network, it mostly (not the dance scene) resembles the "Rule 34" Cartoon Cartoon stuff - R-rated slapstick and banter. No loli. Superdeformed if anything.

Also, I really tried to find satire in it, but instead of seeing the "can you believe people like this stuff" attitude of satire, there's still to much of a "we think you'll like this stuff" attitude. Sure it's still somewhat funny, just not what I'd call satire... Yeah, did remind me of Lazo-approved CN stuff. So, I guess the excrement reference was appropriate... :-)

English swearing? Are they're two soundtracks because gogoanime's soundtrack had Japanese cussing; no English except "Panty" and "Stocking"...
Also, Youtube snuffed the battle theme, so it no worky. :-( Adult Swim may come calling, but I can't see other American studios going for this cartoon. I actually prefer the swearing in Gurren Lagann...
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 12:31:59 AM »

So these 3 girls apparently kill a zombie teddy bear with a glow in the dark vibrator. Those three girls are the main characters right?
Really? You gave a bunch of loli's a vibrator? Come on. That's like inviting pedobear to a kids party, it's just all sorts of wrong.

Then again...

Shall I grant your wish?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 07:08:24 AM »

I'm with Vogler. He puts it better. Polarizing indeed.

You're both so full of wrong. Negotiator, it sounds like you're too busy to watch stuff at all. There aren't two soundtracks, you probably just didn't watch the right episode.

Well, they make fun of things like living by the straight and narrow out in the country, of naive Geek Boys, of peoples' general stupidity. Stuff like that. They also copy PPG style to the point where you could call it either satire or an homage, or both.

Yuko, I'm baffled. There's two girls. There's a vibrator in there? Also they're too grotesquely deformed (as Negotiator correctly pointed up) to truly be loli. Well, lolis are also pretty grotesque, but they don't have sharp, jagged lines built into their design. Or wear heavy makeup and lots of gaudy gold jewelry, like Panty.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 08:38:33 PM »

Neon Genesis Evangelion (out of curiosity)

Sort of like how people will slow down to look at a gruesome wreck
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 12:57:10 AM »

I've heard somewhere that AS did something to one of their forums that has led people to believe they want to pick up the rights to this.

Yeah, thats all there is to indicate such a deal. Then again apparently FLCL brought in a ton of ratings its first airing and is generally well regarded by the staff there so who knows.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »

FLCL was totally awesome though. I have my doubts this show would get as high ratings as FLCL.
Also, besides just 2 girls doing random PPG stuff what was the premise of this show? I have yet to figure it out.

Shall I grant your wish?
R. Daniel 01
Project Members

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 11:34:50 AM »

I've heard somewhere that AS did something to one of their forums that has led people to believe they want to pick up the rights to this.

Yeah, thats all there is to indicate such a deal. Then again apparently FLCL brought in a ton of ratings its first airing and is generally well regarded by the staff there so who knows.

The people at my animation studio have nothing but disdain for the recent AS. It pleased me so deeply.

Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »

The people at my animation studio have nothing but disdain for the recent AS. It pleased me so deeply.

Extend my regards-- nay, my congratulations-- to your compatriots.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 11:56:09 AM »

Is it me or is AS dying a slow cancer filled death?

Shall I grant your wish?
Randolf
I Am Not Alone

Live life.

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 12:24:46 PM »

Why do you think I'm saving up so much champagne?
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 06:01:18 PM »

Is it me or is AS dying a slow cancer filled death?

Quote from: TVbythenumbers
Adult Swim
Across January 2011, Adult Swim ranked #1 for Total Day delivery of young adults 18-34, adults 18-24, men 18-34 and men 18-24.  Compared to January 2010, adults 18-34 delivery (497,000) grew by 4%, adults 18-24 delivery (269,000) grew by 8%, men 18-34 delivery (314,000) grew by 13%, men 18-24 delivery (175,000) grew by 18%.  Additionally, Adult Swim ranked #2 for Total Day delivery of adults 18-49 (behind USA), with average delivery (701,000) growing by 7%.

Yeah, you're not basing this supposition on anything but "my japanimation ;_;" are you.

For everything they do that irks me, they end up either intentionally or otherwise trolling like half the internet which then somewhat evens it out because its pretty amusing.

American Dad (weird, but a few rare chuckles)

I found myself doing a complete 180 on this show, after the first season which was fairly bad (macfarlene, idiot he is, apparently pitched it as a "modern iteration of all in the family". Yeah you're not remotely norman lear, stick to dumbass cutaways and your fixation on musical theater) the writing staff just sort of went completely off in their own direction and it became easily four times the show family guy ever could be.

It has absolutely no cutaways, and aside from doing one of the voices I don't think macfarlenes ever written a single line of it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:17:32 PM by Sharpshooter005 » Logged
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 06:15:45 PM »

Adult Swim could show nothing but Family Guy and it's stop motion spin off, and still grow it's viewership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: