City of Amnesia
April 19, 2024, 01:16:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39
  Print  
Author Topic: The "What Was The Last Thing You Bought?" Thread  (Read 183907 times)
Sharpshooter005

« Reply #555 on: September 17, 2011, 04:48:36 PM »

A cane sword

Those things are pretty wacky yeah
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #556 on: September 17, 2011, 06:50:09 PM »

Last thing I bought was a Dos Equis when I went out to eat a few days ago.

Sharpshooter005

« Reply #557 on: September 17, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »

I just like the ads for that
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #558 on: September 18, 2011, 07:13:02 PM »

Runescape has a tribute to that guy.

I got portal for free from steam. It's free till the 20th, so if you've ever wanted portal go get it.

Shall I grant your wish?
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #559 on: September 24, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »

So I got a few things. All of them deal with Magic The Gathering.

2 400 card lots from ebay. only paid $30 for 800 cards and a lot of the cards I got are some I've been looking for.
Also played in the prerelease for the innistrad set. I got 6 packs of cards and a promo. I didn't win, but I got some really rare cards and 2 promo cards. And it was fun. $25, but worth it, as I got 3 cards worth over $30 each. And a $20 card.

So yeah. I gave my mom $21, which was all I allotted myself from my paycheck fro fun, and she paid the $4 for the rest of the turny fee. So I owe my mom $4.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #560 on: October 07, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »

Last thing I bought was a Dos Equis when I went out to eat a few days ago.
I just like the ads for that

I second that. I like the ads. I too have enjoyed a Dos Equis with some good Tex Mex cuisine...

More fixes for my rampant plastic mini robot habit...
-Generations Wheeljack...because... hey, he's Wheeljack. Brilliant mind coupled with mad scientist sensibility, housed in a robot body, and speaking with a New York or New Jersey accent... Plus...he comes with wrenches. Yeah, really... I'm going to see if I can find a Dollar Store "GIJoe weapons" pack, so I can give him twin samurai swords, like in Transformers: Prime. Either that, or have him swap his wrenches with Snake Eye's swords. Hey...Snake Eyes wielding wrenches...Maybe Paramount should get on board with this - even if it's for only one scene?

-Hasbro, trying to clear shelves for "TF: Prime" figures, has issued $5 off coupons on $5+ movie toys. So I grabbed some coupons for me, my brother-in-law, and another friend who's a TF fan. Then, I got a mini Sentinel Prime ($8-$5=$3), because Leonard Nimoy did an awesome job with him, and my BoL showed his thanks by helping me snag the new Laserbeak ($10-$5=$5).

Finally, my first kitbashing experience! I picked up some Testors "sublime green", and a tube of "dioxazine purple" oil paint (which can be used to color epoxy). The mold made of nonhardening polymer clay... The parts to mold - my knockoff G1 Devastators fists & forearms - parts my BoL has not yet acquired. It took forever to get a 50% impression in the clay. Mixed the purple paint and Loctite quick set epoxy on aluminum foil and spooned it in. It looks promising... A silicon mold would allow me to cast an entire part, but each half would take 24 hours to harden, and my time is often very limited. When I pour the other half, I'll place the hardened half on top, so they fuse. ~$3 paint (40% off $~7) + ~$3 epoxy + ~$3 modelling clay = ~$10 Transformer parts, cheaper than eBay...  Grin We'll see... I also got a couple small bricks of "oven bake" polymer clay...

Yep, food for me, too, since one cannot live on toys alone... Buffalo Wild Wings, Bucca di Beppo, Denny's, local places (with coupons, of course)... Some supermarket food, too, because I'm trying to save a little money...
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #561 on: October 07, 2011, 06:16:56 PM »

I gots a laptop, as I needed it for school. And 2 dice sets on ebay. They are koplow sets, so like cheap chessex sets. I had ebay bucks after I got my laptop, which in turned paid for the dice sets. I no longer have to borrow peeps dice when I play magic. It's useful to have then as point counters.

Shall I grant your wish?
Char Aznable
"Pimp Char" (ref: Ace of Spades)
Global Moderator

snakemarcato13

« Reply #562 on: October 11, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. Just came out today, though technically I preordered it last year in October...

Hey Garma, do you read me? Blame this on the misfortune of your birth...nothing personal.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #563 on: October 11, 2011, 08:37:51 PM »

Why do they let people preorder things so far ahead. At least it wasn't like duke nukem though. You only had to wait a year.

I got taco bell. My mom didn't go grocery shopping and I needed food. So yeah.

Shall I grant your wish?
Brooklyn Luckfield
Union Ace/Mr.Bushido

« Reply #564 on: November 01, 2011, 07:24:23 AM »

Finally picked up Gungrave on Blu-ray. Waited until it dropped in price and managed to score it for 31 bucks.

R. Jesse

« Reply #565 on: November 03, 2011, 09:17:26 PM »

A package of hostess cupcakes.
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #566 on: November 05, 2011, 08:28:34 PM »

A big o doujin. Something about deadpan android. It looked funny and was 30% off, so I figured why not.

Also got my friend a mini dice set, which was on sale at the game store.

Shall I grant your wish?
EyeOfPain
Japanese Schoolgirl

« Reply #567 on: November 09, 2011, 07:21:07 PM »

New messenger bag. The one I bought way back in 2004 finally developed a hole, so I bought a black canvas Rothco bag (along with a purse-sized ammo bag, because I obviously can't read measurements).

My animé, manga, and figure collections
Yuko-san
Dream granting witch

You have no need for me.

« Reply #568 on: November 12, 2011, 12:21:02 PM »

Hoping to get a used video game today.

And what I have to buy next is my car back from the mechanics. Transmission, timing chain and power sterring column all went at once, so it's getting repaired, and will be done monday.

Shall I grant your wish?
The Final Negotiator
Megadeus Dominus

Back...in black...

« Reply #569 on: July 12, 2012, 09:07:19 PM »

Wow, no posts lately? Let me see, I got KO Aerialbots about a month or two ago, and KO Defensor about mid-spring.

Mostly, it's been groceries and gas for me. Gosh, considering what it costs to fill a 12-gallon tank for my four-cylinder small car, I'm kind of glad I'm not filling the 18-gallon tank of my larger Grand Prix coupe anymore, with the V-6 having about twice the displacement. Well, sort of...the Grand Prix was a fun car...

Oh well, there were some fun purchases here and there. We dined out a little for lunch and dinner. We had fun at the church carnival, and bought some great food there. I entered a few fun local raffles. I bought a nice pre-release concert shirt at a nearby mall. I will also have some more fun expenditures coming up. I'm just trying to save more in between the fun and important purchases.

Maybe I'll get another comic book? The comic book store at the mall just took over the store space of a closed Express store - enough to have sizable Magic the Gathering tournaments in back, and several mini-statues and busts (that used to occupy a glass case) up on shelves like some kind of comic book museum...or library.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:13:57 PM by The Final Negotiator » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39
  Print  

Jump to: